Tuesday, August 25, 2009

family of three!

Finally, baby cooksey decided to come one week late!  Cosette Isabel Cooksey was born August 13th at 7:11 pm.  I went in for a check up when I was a week over due and her heart rate wasn't looking so great.  So, they decided to keep me and induce me that night.  I was trying to have a 'natural' birth, but, after about 20 hours of induced labor I got an epidural.  A few more hours went by and and the baby's heart rate kept dropping.  So, just as they were rushing me off to an emergency c-section, they decided to check me one last time and... I was ready to push.  15 minutes later, Cosette was here!

 

                                 about 30 seconds old


cute outfit aunt ashlee made




5 comments:

john & natalie said...

Congratulations! You all look great. I'm so happy for you.

Alyssia said...

She is beautiful! You guys look so happy! We are so happy for you and can't wait to see her and you two again! I still need to send you the birthday present we bought you....we're a little slow :)

Mat and Brooke said...

Beautiful, Darling, Perfect, Amazing baby!! Oh my gosh. She just couldn't be cuter. Many congratulations to you two! :) We love you!

Wes and Dani said...

What a doll! Love her hair. :) She looks a lot like you. :)

Jen Jarrett said...

Ahhhh!!! Karina & Mitchell she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Congratulations! And Dang! That sounds like some hard work getting her here! All worth it though. She is incredible!